Ohio Valley Gas Corporation
Ohio Valley Gas, Inc.
111 Energy Park Drive, Winchester, Indiana 47394
765-584-6842 | E-mail
Department of Tranportation Notice
The Department of Transportation (DOT) has adopted Federal DOT CODE 192.16.
This rule requires operators of gas service lines who do not maintain
buried customer piping to notify their customers of the need to maintain
Notice is hereby given that:
- Ohio Valley Gas does not maintain any customer's buried piping unless
a specific agreement has been established outlining the parameters of
the maintenance with the customer.
- If your buried piping is not maintained, it may be subject to the
potential hazards of corrosion and leakage.
- Your buried piping should be:
o Periodically inspected for leaks
o Periodically inspected for corrosion if the piping is metallic.
o Repaired if any unsafe condition is discovered.
- When you are excavating near buried gas piping, the piping along with
any and all buried utilities should be located in advance, and the excavation
done by hand.
- Plumbers and heating contractors can assist in locating, inspecting,
and repairing your buried piping.
- If you are an operator of a master meter you must continuously post
a general notice (such as this) in a prominent location frequented by
If you have any questions concerning how this notice applies to your
facilities, please contact the nearest Ohio
Valley Gas Office.
Information on district offices:
Connersville | St.
Leon | Portland | Tell City
| Winchester | Union City
Gas Appliances | Safety
Send comments about content and links to Content
© Copyright 2011 by OVGC
Last updated 1/11